Tuesday, January 15, 2008

dvd file for iTunes

Last night, I was putting together a presentation on my MacBook and wanted to incorporate a DVD resolution video from Cinelerra. Since the Mac world is so tightly controlled, getting the format correct for iTunes was a royal pain. I tried a number of different renders, but only one worked:

file format video audio result
QTforLinux MPEG4 MPEG4 no (crashed iTunes 7.1)
QTforLinux MPEG4 MP3 no
QTforLinux MPEG4 WAV yes
QTforLinux H.264 MPEG4 cinelerra hung

At this point, I'm not sure if its my Fedora 7, x86-64 libraries or just iTunes being very selective about what it likes and dislikes. Just for kicks, tonight I will render out the same file using Fedora 6, i386 and see if the results are the same. Once I finish my research, I'll update the Beginner's Guide.

the mule

No comments: