Saturday, October 28, 2006

libiec61883 now exports files greater than 2GB to cam!

As you may know, I've been successful in rendering HDV MPEGTS that works being output back to my cam. However, I stumbled upon the fact that libiec61883 cannot output files greater than 2GB. Well, I rolled back my operating system to an earlier image, rebuild libiec61883 with the -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 DEPS param in examples/Makefile and now I can send data greater than 2GB using the command
[scf@localhost ~]# test-mpeg2 -t 0 file.m2t
where 0 is the physical id of the cam as specified by gscanbus

I have found that using the incorrect physical id will result in the following error message:
[scf@localhost ~]# test-mpeg2 -t 1 file.m2t libiec61883 warning: No plugs exist on either node; using default broadcast channel 63.

However, the camera will still display the incoming video. If the physical id is correctly specified, you should see no errors and the "Starting to transmit.." message only:
[scf@localhost ~]# test-mpeg2 -t 0 file.m2t
Starting to transmit

I have no idea why this fixed the problem, because I used the same steps as before. Just glad it works.

No comments: